Tuesday, September 04, 2007

BLOGPOLL BALLOT - PRELIMINARY

By "Preliminary", I mean "Please submit comments if you feel this is stupid".

It's due Wednesday morningish, so if someone offers a compelling argument for change by then, I'll consider it.

RankTeamChange
1 Southern Cal --
2 West Virginia 2
3 LSU --
4 Wisconsin 1
5 Virginia Tech 1
6 Florida 1
7 Oklahoma 1
8 Nebraska 1
9 Louisville 1
10 Arkansas 1
11 Texas A&M 1
12 Ohio State 2
13 California 3
14 Boise State 3
15 Texas --
16 Oregon 2
17 Auburn 2
18 Clemson 8
19 South Florida 1
20 Miami (Florida) 4
21 TCU 2
22 Rutgers --
23 Missouri 2
24 Hawaii 1
25 Penn State 1

Dropped Out: Michigan (#2), Florida State (#13).

There is no argument to save Michigan in the poll. They can redeem themselves against Oregon, or they can prove they don't belong. I'll entertain that argument next week if Blue wins. As for Florida State, their stay outside the Top 25 probably won't be long. I believe in Jimbo Fisher and his offense, but it was clear they weren't ready to play a top team like Clemson, who looked a lot faster than I thought they would. If they've solved their QB issue, they're going to be really good.

I vaulted West Virginia to the second spot instead of LSU, and I kept Texas at #15. LSU and Texas both won (LSU won 45-0!!), but neither looked all that great. LSU's win might have been the most underwhelming 45-0 win I've ever seen. Texas, meanwhile, was just too close for comfort against Arkansas State.

No comments: