|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Houston (#7), Oklahoma (#11), Michigan (#13), California (#19), Georgia (#20).
- I wasn't terribly impressed with Virginia Tech's win over Duke. However, I erred in placing them so low last week after their big win over Miami. That is the reason for their placement this week.
- I still haven't decided if the top teams in the ACC are any good, though I admit being impressed with Miami's win over Oklahoma.
- When will BCS conference unbeatens Auburn and Wisconsin start getting any respect? Well, the answer is obviously "when they play someone," and that starts this weekend, as Wisconsin draws Ohio State and Auburn travels to play a decent Arkansas team.
- This answer doesn't work for South Florida, who has already beaten Florida State. Then again, does anyone really know how good Florida State is?
- Central Michigan over Notre Dame? Hey, it's 25th place. Who cares?