Dropped Out: Penn State (#18), Michigan State (#24), Alabama (#25).
All in all, that's three out of 25 teams that didn't move from last week's ballot. I haven't looked at my past history on this, but I'm thinking it's close to a record.
A few thoughts. Please leave your thoughts and complaints in the comments or e-mail me before Wednesday morning:
- South Florida merits a serious look as a BCS contender now.
- Kentucky, too.
- Florida is in trouble this weekend.
- Basically, if you're unbeaten, you're moving up the polls at this point. There aren't enough unbeatens left to get really picky about it. Wisconsin is among those who rose basically by default.
- Illinois may be a serious threat to beat Wisconsin Saturday.
- I still think Texas and Georgia are overrated.