Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm Back


Tuesday got a little hectic, and surely you're aware of it by now, but since I announced my departure in this space back in December, it makes sense to confirm my return in this space.

I have indeed signed on to return as play-by-play announcer for UMD men's hockey. I have to offer my unending gratitude to the folks at Red Rock for the opportunity, and I can't wait to get to work.

I also want to take a moment to thank all the players (current and former), coaches, staff, alumni, parents, fans, and bloggers for the support they've shown over the last nine-plus months. It meant the world to my family that so many people were appreciative of the work I did in the booth for 128 games (yes, I went back and counted, but you all knew I was a nerd).

I hope to last longer in this stint, and I plan to give everything I have every night.

We'll have updates throughout the season in the blog, on Facebook, and on Twitter, so I hope you'll come along for the ride.

If nothing else, it's kind of fun to be able to say "Defending WCHA champions!" every time you reference UMD. Hopefully, they can add more hardware this season.

The season opens Oct. 3 with an exhibition. I beg that you all remember that it will be an exhibition for the guy in the booth, too. It's like starting over, in a way.

And it's a great feeling.

No comments: