On the radio, UMD hockey can be heard on the following stations:
- 94X in Duluth, which is 94.1 FM in the Twin Ports and 104.3 FM in the surrounding area (good signal to Cloquet and sometimes farther, also north to Two Harbors and Silver Bay and west to Floodwood).
- KBAJ-FM 105.5 ("KQ 105.5") in Deer River/Grand Rapids. Strong signal, easily heard in Hibbing and Buhl to the east, and as far south as Aitkin and west as Bemidji on a good day.
- KAOD-FM 106.7 ("KQ 106.7") in Babbitt/Ely. Gets west to the eastern boundary of KBAJ (Virginia or so). Can also be heard through much of Lake County and up into Canada.
- KKIN-AM 930 ("Red Zone Sports Radio 930") in Aitkin. During our day games, like Friday against Minnesota, you can pick up this station all over the place, including west to Park Rapids, south to Little Falls, east into Wisconsin, and north to Hibbing and Virginia. At night, not as much, but should still easily cover Aitkin, McGregor, Crosby, Hill City, and maybe Brainerd/Nisswa.
- WXCX-FM 105.7 ("SAM 105.7) in Siren/Pine City. Under ideal conditions, can be heard as far north as Moose Lake, east to Spooner and Cumberland in Wisconsin, and west as far as Mora.
- WHSM-FM 101.1 in Hayward. Works into the eastern limits of WXCX's signal pretty easily, and extends our coverage out to the east to get us into Winter. The town, that is. Can also be heard north to Solon Springs, so if you're driving north and lose WHSM, you can pick up the game on 104.3 FM out of Duluth.
Hit me up on Twitter @bruceciskie with any questions you might have.