- The drops are obvious.
- Baylor? Yes, Baylor. Looking good and bowl eligible. It's a great story.
- Navy thumped Notre Dame, which doesn't seem that special, but it's been 40 years since they beat the Irish that badly. They're another one of those perennial bowl teams that schedules smart and knows what they're doing.
- How the hell did Wisconsin get in the top ten? Wow.
- I love this Auburn team, but I still don't buy them as a serious national contender. That defense has had moments, but is generally scary and inconsistent enough to make this team vulnerable. I would pick Boise and Oregon to beat them on a neutral field, hence my vote.
- Missouri is a hard team to figure out, but it looks like they're in this for the long haul. Now watch them lose to Nebraska.