It goes on sale nationally on Tuesday, but Phil was kind enough to send me an advance copy (thanks, Phil!).
Without giving the whole thing away (just go buy it, seriously!), here are some pointers from one of the sport's best prognosticators.
BUY BUY BUY!
- Mississippi, like many others. Phil loves the recruiting that was done by Orgeron. Now Houston Nutt gets to look good as a result.
- Notre Dame. Phil is all over the Irish's cake schedule, and he says Jimmy Clausen has a top-rated line and the best receivers in the country. This would take Chuck Weis off the hot seat.
- UCLA. Again, there will be many picking the Bruins to rise, but Phil makes a good case surrounding the return of 16 starters.
- Northwestern. While Phil thinks they could go bowling, he says the heavy losses on offense will be tough to overcome.
- Missouri. Sorry, Tiger fans. Chase Daniel and Jeremy Maclin only head the list of departures. It's a lot to ask for Missouri to be a contender.
- Maryland. Phil ranks the offensive and defensive lines near the bottom of the ACC and calls it a "rebuilding" year for The Fridge.
For now, go buy Phil's magazine, or order it here.