Sunday, April 10, 2011

Frozen Four: Kyle Schmidt For The Win

In 15 years of radio, and six years of calling UMD hockey games, I don't think I've ever had more people -- in barely 12 hours time -- ask for audio of anything I have done.

For those who haven't heard it on ESPN or WCCO or wherever else it's been played, here is the call from Kyle Schmidt's overtime winner in Saturday's national championship game.

Oh, yeah, UMD won the national championship. Has it set in yet?

UPDATE: Apparently, the method I tried to use to get this audio to everyone isn't going to work. For now, check out this podcast of WCCO's This Week In Hockey, and go to the 20:18 mark in the podcast to hear the call and then a short interview with your humble correspondent.

1 comment:

Perfect Trim Ruler said...

Thanks for the working link. I watched the game at Joe Senser's in Roseville last night in a room packed with Bulldog fans. It was fantastic! But one of my first thoughts was that I had missed Bruce Ciskie calling the game! Great job to all the bulldogs, staff and all the fans!