- I'm floored that my ballot doesn't drop Wisconsin as far as the BCS did. Shows what the BCS thinks of the Big Ten, and the BCS is probably right. Wisconsin might still be the best team in the league, and it can't win a road game against an obviously-inferior opponent.
- Texas Tech is a pretty good team, being that it tried to give away that game at Oklahoma, and still managed to win. Nice work.
- Saw a chunk of Oklahoma State-Missouri. I know the Tigers aren't as good as they've been in the not-too-distant past, but Oklahoma State is just a rock-solid team that deserves more discussion in the national title picture.
- Let the LSU-Alabama hype begin. After each won easily this week, both are off before the Nov. 5 showdown.
- Lots of movement at the bottom of this ballot. After all, why should I keep the likes of West Virginia, Illinois, and Georgia Tech around this poll?
Monday, October 24, 2011