Tuesday, October 05, 2010

BlogPoll 2010: Week 6 Ballot

Generally, I don't like moving teams around a lot unless given compelling evidence.

I feel that Saturday gave me a lot of that, so here goes.


Obviously, Oregon benefits a bit in the movement this week. The Ducks move into the top three, and I was tempted to move them ahead of Boise State. I want to see those teams play so badly, but that was last year.

A few other notes:
  • I don't think the season is going to go that well for Wisconsin. They showed flashes of being a poorly and stubbornly-coached team against Michigan State, and their defense got absolutely gashed by an offense that I don't think is a top five unit in the Big Ten. If Kirk Cousins, the run game, and those receivers can do that, I cringe at the thought of what Dan Persa, Denard Robinson, and a probably-healthy Terrelle Pryor will be capable of. Not only that, but the Badgers are hurting on offense, where their best player, running back John Clay, has bad ankles. Making matters even worse, the Badgers didn't throw very well Saturday.
  • I could have dropped Florida more, but 31-6 is not indicative IMHO of those two teams. That was a game that got away from the Gators quickly after Urban Meyer decided to unzip his pants and try to show off his manhood on fourth and goal when a good opening drive by Florida stalled in the red zone. Take the points, Coach, especially with a young team.
  • If anyone has seen Stanford's defense, please call Jim Harbaugh. After making some huge plays in the first 20 minutes of the game, the Cardinal defense disappeared into the Eugene night, paving the way for LaMichael James and Darron Thomas to have their national coming-out party.

No comments: