Monday, August 22, 2005

Quick hits

How I'm going to be spending the next 11 Saturdays. I can't thank the people here enough for the opportunity, and I'll make the most of it. I can promise all of you that.

While my college football preview has hit the skids, there is very little that should change about this blog or my posting schedule. Posts may become shorter and more frequent, instead of semi-regular posts of 1,000 or more words. That way, posting is less time-consuming for me, but I will post more frequently so that you don't lose out (well, I guess that depends on your perception of things).

In other news, the Vikings' offensive line is a mess. They can't run the ball...at least not yet. Mike Tice says we shouldn't worry, but if the Vikings struggle to run the ball Friday against San Diego, you can go ahead and move Daunte Culpepper up your fantasy draft board. Without a run game, he could throw for 5,000 yards, and he may have to if he is to keep this team above water.

In Green Bay, the special teams stink. And so does Aaron Rodgers. Fortunately for the Cheese, Brett Favre looks as sharp as ever, despite a frightening invasion of gray hair during the offseason. Is it just me, or does Favre look 10 years older than he did last year? Then again, I don't care how old he looks if he plays like he has so far. He'd better not get hurt, because the backups all look terrible. As for the defense, they did okay on Saturday, considering that six starters were out with injuries. The team needs to get healthy, but all signs so far point toward at least some sort of improvement on defense, though I still doubt it will be enough to get the Packers back in the playoffs.

No comments: